Pakistani and Indian foods are very famous all over the world because of taste. These foods are very easy to prepare at home. In this post I am going to share the recipe of Spicy Rice and Sweet Potato Biryani With Baked Eggs. This recipe of biryani is very simple by reading this recipe you can prepare delicious biryani at home in just 25 minutes. For more delicious Indian foods recipes and Pakistani foods recipes keep visiting our website. Thanks!
- 1 cinnamon Stick
- 1 tea spoon cumin seeds
- 5 table spoon ghee
- 1 large brown onion halved and thinly sliced
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 cm piece of finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 table spoon of finely chopped coriander stem and root
- 3 tea spoons of garam masala
- 1 finely chopped long red chilli fresh
- 5 tea spoons of turmeric
- 230 grams or 2 cups of coarsely grated sweet potato
- 200 grams or 1 cup of fine quality rice
- 375 ml or 1.5 cups of vegetable stock
- 4 eggs
- Finely chopped tomato to serve (optional)
- Fried curry leaves to serve (optional)
- Yogurt to serve (optional)
Recipe of Spicy Rice and Sweet Potato Biryani With Baked Eggs
Put the ghee in a large non stick frying pan and warm it on low or medium heat. Add the cinnamon and cumin and cook, rousing for 1 min or until fragrant. After this add curry leaves and then cook for 30 seconds or until you feel the fragrance of curry meats. Now put season and onion and salt and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
In this step put coriander, garlic, chilli and ginger then cook for 1 minute or till aromatic. Now add turmeric and garam masala and cook for 1 min. now put potatoes and cook for 2 min or till well mixed. Mix in the rice until encrusted. Stir in the stock and reduce heat to low. Cook and cover for 10 mins or until stock is engrossed.
Now put down the pan from fire. Use a spoon to make 4 light indents in rice mixture. Split and add one egg into each indent. After this cover the pot and cook it for 5 to 6 mins on low fire.
Here is your Spicy Rice and Sweet Potato Biryani is ready, serve it with yogurt, tomato and curt leaves.
I am sure this Biryani Recipe will be easy to understand. If you feel any ambiguity feel free to ask or you can give us your suggestion that how can we improve!