The Chief Minister Punjab has desired to achieve the targets of 100% enrollment of out of school children, 100% retention of enrolled students and ensuring quality education under Parho Punjab, Barho Punjab. Further, it is also in line with the requirements of the Punjab Free & Compulsory Education Act, 2010 as well as Article 2S-A of the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
The 2018 targets of Parho Punjab, Barho Punjab may be achieved by taking the following step:-
- Filling of all vacant teaching posts.
- Reducing overcrowding and multi grade teaching through redressal of shortage of teachers.
- Reduction in the span of control of AEOs.
- Ensuring high quality teaching/learning in every class room.
- Improving leadership and accountability at all levels and enabling a conducive learning environment for students.
The Chief Minister Punjab has approved recruitment against 31444 posts of Educators (all categories) and 2178 Assistant Education Officers (AEOs), and district wise break up these posts is given in policy letter.